Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Requiem of a Dream

We were sitting on the ghats discussing how the life afterwards would be like, as it happens I said it is impractical and she said not. I said we are from different streams and she said yes. I said we might have different career preferences and she said I will prefer you. I said it would be difficult and she said she never likes anything easy and I couldn't say anything.

I took her hand and we looked at the houses on the ghats, a little downstream was a bridge and the sun was on the way down. The water was golden and the birds were flying low in a perfect formation. I said a useless fact about birds and their formations and I knew she was as uninterested in that fact as I was. To lift up her mood I said I would take you to Venice someday. Now if there is something which gets a girl instantly in a good mood, it is the promise of being taken to Venice. For a long time we talked about Venice, the carnival, the Gondolas, the wine and the violin player. I wanted to hold her hand but didn't know how to, I remember advising my friends about the perfect line to hold a girl's hand but none came at that time. I resorted to a lame- your knuckles are so fascinating. I don't know what she thought at that time, may be she too wanted to hold my hand but since I was the one with balls, she allowed me to take the lead. I guess she would have thought at that time- if I keep waiting for a line worth remembering I might have to wait forever. And how true she would have been. So I had her hands in my hand, my heart beat had jumped from 72 to 82 in a matter of 2 seconds.

I remember I was shivering at that time, she inquired and I made an excuse about cold weather on the evening of 23rd of march. She let it pass as well. I was measuring my hand size with hers and grabbed it tightly, I was kissing on her hand and moving up. She slid next to me, we were initially sitting a bit apart and so it became a bit difficult for me to kiss her hand. I started kissing her shoulder. I could feel the fabric of her brown T-Shirt and I could feel her beneath it. I could smell her perfume, her soap and her shampoo, it was an aphrodisiac of the highest order, the strongest I have ever felt till date. I could hear her labored breathing and I was so near to her, my face was millimeters away from hers and then my nose touched her cheek. I heard a slight gasp, don't know whose was it. And then as I rubbed my nose upward my lips touched her cheek. I could see her slightly parted lips, they were quivering. I kissed her cheek again and again and in one fleeting instant she turned her head towards me and I kissed her lips. First it was a mere touch but then I took her lower lip in between mine and just continued caressing her lower lip and after a while gave her the charge. Probably after a minute or so, I looked at her excitedly and blurted out as happy as a 5 yr old kid- that was my first kiss, that was my first kiss!!! She was intelligent she kept her eyes closed and brought my face close to hers, shhhed me and continued kissing. I could hear temple bells during the break but they stopped the next second. I am not sure whether they stopped by themselves or I stopped listening to them.

We finally broke apart, it felt the same as I felt when I jumped from the airplane with a parachute on a fine summer afternoon in Spain. My heart was racing, I had difficulty breathing, my pupils got dilated, my limbs got numb and I could feel nothing except what I was supposed to feel, just the lips and the air.

Her phone was ringing, she didn't pick up, we were looking at each other and the phone was ringing, I was talking to her and the phone was ringing, I looked at the phone and the date showed 12 February 2014, Brussels Area!!!

A promise was made and a kiss was delivered,
I sometimes do wonder, 
was it another dream, another life, another person at yonder 
or a memory, cherished and revered?
I guess I would never know...       

No comments:

Post a Comment